At the entrance of Gravedona stands Palazzo Gallio, a mighty villa created in the place where the Gravedona Castle was previously located. The palace was originally intended to be the residence of Cardinal Tolomeo Gallio, but its construction ended in 1607, the year of the death of its patron.
A long time the villa was ducal residence but also hospital during the period of occupation French and Spanish.
Listed today among as Italian National Monuments, Palazzo Gallio is home of administrative public offices.
Particularly attractive to tourists and its regular visitors is the garden rich in numerous large camellia plants. Hence, his vocation to host the Camelie Exhibition held every year in the week before Easter.