The small municipality of Montemezzo, located above Gera Lario, has its heart in the fifteenth century village of Burano. This characteristic Rural village, after a phase of progressive decline and abandonment, is slowly trying to dust off the beauty that distinguishes it.
The ancient stone houses, expertly built, represent the soul of this village that today, thanks to its rural history, the characteristic microclimate and its amazing views of the Lake and the entrance of Valtellina and Valchiavenna, continues to make fall in love with to many visitors.
At the entrance of the village is the Church of San Martino built back to 1480. The simple structure of the country church develops an impressive bell tower and two side chapels donated in ‘600 by Montemezzo migrants in Palermo and Ancona. In the end the round of frescoes, which embellish the interior, attributed to Aurelio Lumi.